Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV

  1. #11
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    So who all is gonna be up there in a few hours?

    I know Erik said he'd be there, just wondering if anyone else will be hitting the midnight launch. I may go up there just to see what the crowd is like and experience one of my first midnight launches in a good while.

    LPD, are you going to be able to make it?

    If I'm there, you can recognize me by two features:
    1. My 80's-esque moustache
    2. The shirt I'm wearing is brown and says "Control Freak" and has a NES controller on it

    Hope to see at least one or two of you up there! Should be pretty wild.
    Officially retired

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    I'm thinking about headin up there in a few minutes, I haven't really decided though.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    Just got back, it was pretty cool. People were lined up pretty far back, but not all the way back to Little Mexico like for the Halo 3 launch (as my brother told me.)

    It was a little annoying with doofuses driving by every few seconds, holding their copies out the window, hollering and shouting, "GTA4! WOO!" or "What you all waitin' for!?"

    Can't say it didn't take away from the excitement though.

    Regardless, I'll watch my brother play and try and provide some feedback. Did anyone else see me up there? I didn't hear anyone holler at me, but then again I'm deaf or zoned out most of the time so if you did and I didn't respond, don't be shocked.
    Officially retired

  4. #14
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    Crazy moment that I must post before I go to bed:

    My brother hijacked a car containing a driver and passenger, and then sat in it for a few seconds afterwards, messing with the radio. The driver took off running, but the passenger actually got out, strolled around to the driver's side, yanked my brother out, and started punching him. Sure enough, a police car pulls up to the scene from seemingly out of nowhere and the only part they see is the angry passenger punching the "hijacker" driver. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

    Anyways, the pigs get on their voice announcement system and are hollering out, "Get down on the ground!" and other commands to the angry passenger (who is still slugging away while my brother is running around the vehicle avoiding him.) The cops start opening fire and my brother stands back as the passenger walks towards him. One of the cops lands a nice shot in the neck of the passenger and he grabs for his neck and slumps to the ground.

    The cops get back into the car and drive past the critically wounded man, leaving the scene behind. The man is sitting there on the ground, rocking back and forth, holding his neck. Every now and then, he gets up, stumbles around, and falls back to the ground. My brother kicks him a few times to do him in for good.

    What can I say? Liberty City is a naughty place. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  5. #15
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    Cant this be used now that you posted this?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    What do you mean? I don't understand.
    Officially retired

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    BUMP

    Anyone else picked up their copy yet? Just curious what you guys have to say about it thus far.
    Officially retired

  8. #18
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    it's a perfect 10/10... single handed the most detailed game to date.. perfection at it's best

  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    It really is about as close as a game can be to perfect.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

    Thinking about getting an X Box 360 and wondered if GTA would be a good first game. Anyone give me any reviews of the game?
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •